Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tattoo Questions

With this post all I am looking for is some opinions about:

1) If having a tattoo on certain spots of your body stands a chance of you getting a great job then is it worth getting inked there? Strictly talking about the tattoo being visable, not about what the tattoo may or may not be. Now I do know that it is 100% illegal to discriminate based on a persons looks, but you know it happens.

2) Is it odd to get a tattoo to symbolize your children on you? like their names, initials, birthstone colors, and/or birth stone colors? Or does it all come down to what you get, how big the tattoo is, and where?

3) Am I the only one that doesnt understand the point of getting a tattoo on a spot that you can't see it without using a mirror? Example: I like the idea of a tattoo on the back of my neck bc I could pull my hair up and have it showing, or I could easily cover it with my hair. However I would not be able to see my own tattoo without using a mirror.

That's basically it for now, but if I think of any more questions I'll post them also. Oh, and give it a bit of time and there will be a post on here about my future ink!!!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Having preferential treatment because of a tattoo seems stupid and for an employer to be biased against a tattooed person may be wrong, but it's because they want a professional & appealing workforce.
    2. Tattoo's relating to your children are kind of iffy...you see it more for people in prison, people who don't get to see their kids (divorce or the service) or for those who have a deceased child.
    3. I think people get tattoos for 2 different reasons (for themselves or to show others) and that being said a person would have to decide which reason they are getting the tattoo for and that will decide on whether they themselves can see it unassisted or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I wasn't asking why employers judge people with tats. I was simply wondering how many people A: actually think about that before getting inked B: would it stop them from being inked in a certain spot even if they really want a tat there.

    2) I dont think it's that rare. I like it because its a definate thing. your kids are your kids no matter what.

    3) I dont even understand how your reply is at all making sense to what i originally posted.

    ReplyDelete