Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sleeping Habbits

If we were graded on how we sleep I would have an 'F' I am dysfunctional when it comes to sleeping. Here is how my normal night goes:
- Gets the bed ready for Derek and myself. No, I don't make the bed in the morning, I seriously make the bed in the evening right before we climb in it...
- Take off my glasses, shut off the light, and THEN set the alarm.
- Snuggle with Derek until he starts falling asleep. Yes, he starts falling asleep within 2 minutes.
- Push Derek to his side of the bed, he is the worst person to share a bed with lol
- Then I do what I call 'fidgeting' I get almost comfy but then 'this part' isn't comfy and then 'this part' Honestly, I 'fidget' for atleast 20 minutes but sometimes it can be up to an hour or more.
- Once I'm done moving then the battle with my brain starts. Stop thinking, stop thinking, STOP THINKING!!!! The funny part is when I think about what I want to blog about!
- Also, I can only fall asleep on my stomach. If I fall asleep on my back I either snore myself awake or I have overly vivid dreams and I try to move (ex: try to walk in my dream) and I wake up.  If I try to sleep on my side I always wake up with neck and/or back pain.
- So when I do finally drift off it is a struggle to stay asleep, because I am a very light sleeper. It doesnt really bother me because I usually only wake up if: 1) I hear a noise I don't recognize 2) I hear something make a noise that I know shouldn't make a noise 3) If the noise is too loud. However, my other 'wake me ups' are: 1) when 'someone' pulls the blanket off of me and I wake up because I am cold 2) when 'someone' moves and knees or elbows me 3) when 'someone' moves and throws his pillow on my face
- I almost always wake up multiple times a night due to the above issues. So, it's a pretty restless night
- Then, in the morning I usually wake up just before the alarm goes off, but then usually start drifting back to sleep....then the alarm actually goes off. Or I wake up before the alarm goes off and panic thinking I didn't set the alarm normally and freak out thinking I over slept.
- To start the morning I fight with 'someone' to get him awake and out of bed. This can sometimes take up to 30 minutes!!!
- I also wake up remembering a ton of info about my dreams. It's weird how much I remember, maybe I should start writing my dreams down.

So do you have any 'odd' sleeping habbits/issues?

No comments:

Post a Comment